Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Changes

Ken and I have been working on sprucing up our home. First up was painting the whole down stairs. This was quite the undertaking! It took longer than we thought but we are happy with the results. We still have to paint the stair way and the walls that go all the way up to the second story. We aren't sure how we are going to reach those walls hence why we haven't done them yet. Plus we are REALLY tired of painting!

Once the new paint was on the wall it became clear to me that we needed to change some furniture around and bring in new decorations. We have all dark furniture and solar screens which make the house seem really dark so I wanted to try to brighten up the place with light accessories. (I was so glad my Mom was visiting and could help with this...thanks Mom!) We really like how everything turned out.

(Sorry if the "after" pictures are a bit fuzzy. My camera is having issues.)

Before

After



Before
 



After




Before

After
Once we find a big rustic red Texas star we will hang it to the left of the T.V.




Our t.v. stand has always been a source of aggravation for me. With a toddler and dog in the house the glass on it always looked dirty. There were finger prints on the inside and out and it was really hard to get clean. Like  I said it always looked dirty. Here was my easy and inexpensive fix. But 8 sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper of a subtle design. Then cut them to fit each pane of glass and use double sided tape to attach it. Now you can no longer see any fingerprints (or anything else) on the glass.  I love how it turned out! In fact, this might just be my favorite change in our house. 

Before (well I had already started the project)
Some baskets to help with organization
After



No comments:

Post a Comment