Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Finished Playroom

Months ago I found this idea on Pinterest and I knew I had to do it for Katie's Playroom. It was so much fun finding all the different letters for this project. I must admit though, that after I found half of the letters I ran into a metal block. I wasn't sure how to have all the different type of letters and still have them look good together. Enter my mom! She was able to help me visualize the end project and after a little more shopping we got all the remaining letters and supplies needed to finish this project. I LOVE how it all turned out.


Another project found on Pinterest was this awesome artwork made from melting crayons. It was a super fun and easy project that Katie was able to help with. 

I used a 16 in x 20 in canvas with 58 new crayons. I decided the order I wanted them in and then glued them down with hot glue. Next I took it outside and turned my hair dryer on. It didn't take very long for the wax to heat up and start melting. It looks so cool when it melts. Once the wax was melting I used the hair dryer to continue to push the wax down the canvas. It is a little tricky to get the wax to go where you want but I eventually got the hang of it. Katie loved helping with this part. She thought it was so fun!


The last item added to the walls of the playroom was not something I made but rather a really cute poster that my Mom bought for Katie. It matched the other wall hangings perfectly. 


Now for the finished playroom:




Ken and I decided to hang the artwork up REALLY high so hopefully Katie can't get it!
We hung everything up while Katie was sleeping so we could surprise her when she woke up. Her expression was so cute when she came in and saw everything. She is having so much fun pointing out the different letters and telling us what they are. She is so smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment