Monday, January 14, 2013

What we are missing


Katie colored this picture last week in church and today she pulled it out to look at it. She pointed to the girl on the right and said, "that is me!" Then pointed to the mommy and said, "that is you mommy." "Oh, I have to show daddy him." while pointing to the daddy. 

What she said next tugged at my heart. She pointed at the other kid on the couch and said, "That's my sister! Where's my sister Mommy. I want my sister."

Katie has said things like this on more than one occasion. Sometimes she talks about her brother and other times her sister. More than anything in this world we want Katie to have a sibling. She will be such a great older sister. We just hope and pray that one day her and our hopes of adding to our family will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment