Saturday, March 3, 2012

8 Years

Last week Ken and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. woohoo! I sure love my hubby! He is a wonderful man and I am so lucky to be married to him.

For our first anniversary we decided that we didn't want to do gifts for each other but instead we would take a vacation. Ken planned our first trip and it was a complete surprise to me. I didn't know what we were doing or where we were going until we got there. The surprise is so much fun and we love making memories instead of getting each other stuff that we don't really need. We switch off who gets to plan and surprise the other person. Although I will say, I think Ken is way better at it then I am. 

Ken planned this years trip and it was wonderful. (like always) It started off with a couples massage followed by dinner at a fun restaurant that we havd never been to, Hollywood and Vine. The hamburgers were so good! We then checked into a beautiful B&B. check it out here The room was beautiful too! (room #2)

We have stayed as some awesome B&B's over the years and this was no exception. The view was so beautiful. It felt like we were the only ones out there, well except for the foxes that came up to eat. We had a great night of sleep followed by a wonderful breakfast feast. 

Ken had a hike planned for us later that morning but instead we decided to go back home to do some shopping. We had been talking over some home improvement projects that we wanted to do and thought that since we had some time without Katie we should go to the store and pick out some paint colors. Which we did. (Once we are done with all the painting I will post some pictures) It was a little weird doing normal things without Katie but it was nice to be able to focus on the task at hand. 

The trip was a perfect getaway. We had a very relaxing time while Katie had a blast spending the night at her friends house. A great anniversary weekend was had by all!

(I just want to add that the day before our anniversary was the 2nd anniversary of being sealed to our sweet little girl!)

outside the restaurant we ate at

the view from our B&B


The night away was not on our actually anniversary so when the day really arrived Katie and I took Ken out to lunch. Doesn't she look so cute!!!!



1 comment: