Friday, March 23, 2012

Katie the comedian, girly girly and chocoholic

Yesterday we stopped at Wal Mart for a quick shopping trip. I decided because it was only going to be about 5 minutes I would let Katie walk instead of locking her down in the shopping cart. Having her run around like crazy just made me laugh and it also provided some pretty funny moments.

Well Katie was running along she stopped suddenly, changed her direction and ran straight to the jewelry counter where she proceeded to put her hands on the glass and say, "OOHHHHHH, PRETTY!" A lady walking by noticed what she did and at the same time we both said to each other, "That's a girl for ya!" lol

Next up was the door greeter. She ran up to the older gentleman and yelled, "HI! HOW ARE YOU?" The door greeter laughed and said, "Good. How are you?" To this she did not reply but continued to stand there. He then told her you are very beautiful. To this comment, she turned her head side to side while brushing her hair with her hand, saying braid hair and blinking her eyes. (and no she didn't have braids in) We all had a good laugh over that.

Then on the drive home she said, "Pick a booger, pick a booger, I get it." Despite me asking her not to, she proceeding to pick her nose. She then stuck her finger in her mouth and said, "Ummm, tasty booger." So gross but she had never said that before and I couldn't help but laugh.

Later that night as I was getting her ready for bed she was standing on the changing table in just a diaper when she sang out, "shake your booty, shake your booty" over and over again while shaking her little booty. I bought her downstairs and told Ken what had just happened, then will all sang shake your booty while doing just that. Yesterday was such a fun day!

Today was fun as well. She is constantly surprising me with her new little sayings and the things that she does. Now with that said, as many of your know she can be quite the little stinker! She is an expert at getting into things that she knows she is not supposed to. She waits until I leave the room to make her move. She will immediately stop whatever she is doing to go and get into something. (This is why I normally have her go with me from room to room as I am doing things.) Today was no different, I pulled the sheets out of the dryer and took them upstairs to fold. This took no more than five minutes. I came downstairs with the anticipation of what I would find, but to my surprise she was not pulling things out of the drawer. (what she normally does) I was pleasantly surprised....then she rounded the corner, coming our of the pantry with two fistfuls of chocolate chips. As soon as she saw me, she shoved one of her fistfuls into her mouth almost in a panic mode. I could not stop laughing. All I could do was snap some pictures of my cute little stinker!  (and take away the other handful of chocolate chips.)







As I was writing this she provided me with some more laughs. She was sitting next to me playing with a doll and telling it to, "not be naughty." If only the doll would tell her the same thing, lol. Also, Ken came home from work and Katie ran up to him, then turned her back on him and sang out, "SHAKE YOUR BOOTY" and shook her cute little booty for him.

Can I just say, I LOVE MY LIFE!

1 comment: