Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A fun 24 hours

Yesterday my Mom flew in from Cali!!!! Yea!!! It was so much fun to have her here. Katie loves going to the airport to pick people up, especially people like Grandma! Since the airport was so close to the LDS Dallas Temple we decided it would fun to take Katie there. She has not been back since we were all sealed together when she was 7 months old. The temple is closed on Mondays so it was a perfect time to go. She got to run all around the outside while not bothering anyone. The tulips were in bloom and Katie loved to smell them. The temple grounds were so peaceful and beautiful to walk around.

I must admit I did get a little teary eyed when I took a picture of Katie sitting on the same bench we sat her on after the sealing. It is hard to believe how much she has changed in just two short years.


This morning Katie woke up at 6:05 and when I went in her room to get her she jumped out of bed and ran by me saying, Katie tired, freeezzzzing. She proceeded to run into our bedroom where she hoped into our bed, saying again, "I'm so tired and freezing. Cuddle please." So we cuddled together and both fell back asleep for another hour. When she woke up she said, "Temple please." That melted my heart. Such a sweet girl!

Later today we worked on an art project. I found this awesome idea on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it. It was a fast and easy project that Katie was able to help with. I loved how it turned out. It will look great in her play room. Here it is!

1 comment: