Friday, June 1, 2012

Cake Decorating Class - Course 1 (Decorating Basics)

In early 2009 I took a Wilton cake decorating class at our local Michaels. There are 4 (2 hour) lessons spread over a month for the course. Well back then some things came up and I wasn't able to make it to the last two classes. I was always bummed that I wasn't able to finish the course. Here are the cakes I made back then with the techniques I had learned.




Last month Michaels was offering a special on the Wilton classes. Get 2 classes for the price of 1. I thought this would be a great time to re-take my class. In May I took course 1 and this month I will take course 2. I am having so much fun learning to decorate cakes, cupcakes and cookies. Here is what I have made so far.

First lesson:

Second Lesson:




Third Lesson:
(the pictures rotated when I uploaded them and I can't get them to turn around, sorry)



Fourth Lesson:





My final cake:
lemon with a blueberry filling




Katie enjoying my new skill:

At the end of this month I will post pictures from course 2. I am excited to work with fondant! 









No comments:

Post a Comment