Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The decorations and mini cakes

Katie had a princess themed birthday party. Thanks to Pinterest I found some great ideas to make her party fun and special. (more on that at the end of the post) I made individual cakes for everyone which turned out to be a pain in the butt. How is it that these little simple cakes were harder to make then Katie's cake? (Click here to see Katie's cake.) Originally I tried pouring the frosting over them but that didn't work. Then I tried using my big icing tip and that didn't work either so I had to use a small tip. It took forever to frost them  and they didn't stay very straight. I topped them off with a princess crown chocolate pick I had made earlier in the week. I didn't like how they turned out but the kids liked them so that is all that mattered.




I made these chocolate suckers for the gift bags. There was this princess, a carriage and a castle. I love using chocolate molds.


Here is the table I set up as the main decorations. A special thank you to my sister who made all the signs for me within a few hours while in another state! You are awesome!


And for the close ups:



I love how the cookies turned out!












2 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic!! You put so much work into that party, it absolutely looks great:) Isabel would die for all that...still, at almost 8...she LOVES princesses! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! I am so glad I was able to help, just wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete