Saturday, November 10, 2012

What I am thankful for - Day 10

Today I am thankful for traditions and eBay. A weird combination I know but trust me they go together.
 
It was our family tradition growing up that every Christmas we got to pick out a new ornament. This was something that I loved to do and looked forward to it every year. Somewhere along the way I started collecting Hallmark's Mary's Angels. For the angels that were made before I started collecting them I have purchased them through eBay. (See I told you they go together.) So I have them all now, yea.
 
This year was Mary's Angels 25th anniversary and to celebrate they made a special item. It was released in October but I totally spaced and didn't get one. They were sold out everywhere. I was totally bummed. But then I remembered eBay. I was just worried that people would be charging a fortune for it. Thankfully though, I found someone that was only asking $10 over the original price. Here is the piece, called Heavenly Harmony:
 
 
It is really cute. When you put the new angel ornament in the front it sings three different Christmas carols. Then if you press the other angels they add in the sound of the instrument they are holding. It is pretty cool. I am really happy I was able to get it! 
 
Here is the new angel ornament for the year:
 
 
Katie picked out this ornament for herself.
 
 
I love this tradition and I am so excited to pass it on to my daughter.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment