Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What I am thankful for - Day 6

There should be no surprise about what I am thankful for today. I am so thankful and humbled that I have the right to vote. I actually took advantage of early voting and placed my vote for Mitt Romney on the 2nd day the polls were open. 


I have to tell you, I teared up when I saw Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan's name on the ballot. I truly feel that they are the right men to lead our country back to our founding father's principles, to get our economy back on track and to lessen the roll of government in our lives.

Now I am going to talk about race and religion. I know those are dangerous subjects to talk about so publicly especially here on our adoption blog. I worry about a birth mother not choosing us because of how we voted. If that happens, that is something I will just have to live with. And I am ok with that because I know that our birth mom with pick us based on more then our political views. ;) Anywho, back to what I wanted to say. Four years ago, America elected the first African American president. Although I did not vote for Obama, I could feel how special that moment was. It was great to see how far America had come from it's past. 

I am hoping that this year American will make history again by electing a man who happens to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Mormon). Did you know that in 1838 there was an extermination order ordered on the Mormon's living in Missouri and only in 1976 was that order rescinded? We have come a long way in American in regards to race and religion and it is beautiful to see. As a member of this church it is pretty incredible to see another member be so close to becoming the President of the United States. And let me be clear, I am praying and fully expecting him TO BE the next president.

Regardless of your political views, I urge you to use your free agency today and VOTE. We are truly blessed to lived in this beautiful land and to have the rights we do! 


No comments:

Post a Comment