Friday, November 9, 2012

What I am thankful for - Day 9

Today I am grateful for LDS Temples. I am thankful I can go to the Temple and feel peace and stillness away from the world. I feel so close to my Heavenly Father there.
 
There are three Temples that will always have an extra special place in my heart.
 
The San Diego, California Temple is where I received my endowments. 
 
"The word endowment means “gift” or “bestowal.” As part of this ordinance, we are taught about the purpose of life, the mission and Atonement of Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father’s plan for His children. We gain a glimpse of what it will be like to live in His presence as we feel the peaceful atmosphere of the temple."
 

 
The Las Vegas, Nevada Temple is were Ken and I were legally married and sealed for Time and all Eternity. 
 
 "The sealing ordinance is where the husbands and wives are sealed to each other and children are sealed to their parents in eternal families. This means that if we are faithful to our covenants, our family relationships will continue for eternity."
 

 
The Dallas, Texas Temple is where Katie was sealed to Ken and I. In the records of Heaven it is like she was born unto us. We became an Eternal family in this Temple.
 

 
These Temples are so special to me not because of how beautiful they are or where they are located. They are special to me because of what happened insides those walls. I grew closer to my Heavenly Father in those Temples and I became a family there.
 
If you want to know more about the LDS Temples click here.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment