Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What I am thankful for - Day 7

Today I am thankful for Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and their families.


These men and their families gave so much of themselves, their time and and their talents in service to our country and their fellowmen. I am thankful for all that they did. They offered the real hope and change that our country so desperately needs. 

In regards to the election results. I am shocked, sickened and so very sad. I felt that this election was truly between right and wrong, good verses evil and sadly evil won out. As a nation we are moving further and further away from God. I cannot explain in words how sad this makes me. For the first time ever I cried over the results of an election. My heart and soul hurts!

A friend reminded me of this scripture. Mosiah 29:27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

Again, I want to say how grateful I am for the gospel in my life. I am grateful I know the difference between right and wrong. I am not saying I am a perfect person, far from it, but I do know how Heavenly Father wants us to live. I am thankful I know that you can love a person without accepting the sins of that person.

I am thankfully for the age change for our missionaries. Young men can now serve at 18 and young women at 19. I know this was an answer to so many prayers. I am thankfully for the missionaries. There is a war of the soul going on in the world right now and it brings me comfort that there are thousands of young men and women out there sharing God's gospel. The youth of our church amaze me and I am thankful for their strength. Thinking of them are bringing me comfort today.

No comments:

Post a Comment